You’d think that after earning a degree in and spending the better part of a decade in marketing, I’d be wise to the schemes of advertising. And clearly, you’d think wrong. Because I just clicked on that Facebook ad…. and that one… and pretty soon, my closet is full of items I learned about through Facebook ads.
But this blog isn’t about my shopping habits… you came to learn about my favorite travel shoes. May I present, Tieks by Gavrieli:
Tieks \\, noun. The most versatile designer flats in the world. Made of the finest Italian leathers and designed to fold and fit in a purse. Wearable all day, every day. And I do. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been stopped to ask about these teal-soled shoes. And every time, I can’t help but gush about how amazing they are. Thank goodness I clicked on that Facebook ad!
Here are 8 reasons why I love them for the office, the weekend, the airplane, and uneven cobblestone roads abroad:
1. They’re the most comfortable flats I own. Tieks use cushions instead of elastic in the back… so you can travel with no fear of blisters.
2. I’m not naming names, but sometimes people are klutzy. And sometimes people who have a tendency to meet the ground with their face need a shoe with a non-skid rubber sole. Lucky for those people, Tieks have your back… or your face as the case may be.
3. They’re stylish. (See below)
4. They’re durable: The brown leather outsole on each pair of Tieks is treated and coated to be flexible, and yet more sturdy than regular full-grain leathers. I climbed a pile of rocks while visiting a site in Israel while wearing these shoes with no slips, no foot pain, and no damage to the shoe.
5. They’re portable. Tieks fold into themselves and come in the cutest teal packaging, complete with a bag for your folded up Tieks and a bag for your stilettos. When traveling, space is a valuable commodity… and these shoes allow me room for an extra outfit (or two).
6. Tieks gives back to the global community. They’ve donated over $3 million to female entrepreneurs, who they believe are the key to the fight against global poverty. I love supporting a company that strives to make the world a better place.
7. Tieks’ customer service is second to none. Shipping costs are non-existent– whether purchasing or returning. Each pair of shoes comes with a handwritten note, and if you don’t love your shoes, Tieks will do everything possible to make it right. The shoes only come in whole sizes, so I had to choose whether to go up or down from my normal 7.5. I wore a 7 in my first pair of Chestnut Tieks, but when I bought a pair of Matte Black Tieks, the 7 was too tight. The customer service team got an 8 sent out to me, and I’m super grateful, because I literally wear them 90% of the time.
8. Tieks fight swollen travel ankles.* The upper of each pair of Tieks comes from a single piece of leather and is designed to wrap around the foot to slim and elongate it.
*Tieks do not actually claim to fight travel ankles. Your ankles will still be swollen, but your feet will be in cute shoes, so no one will be looking at your airplane ankles.
Do you love Tieks, too? Which color is your favorite?
Pin this post:
*Please note that the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase.